Wednesday 13 August 2014

Chapter 2- The 1st Step towards "how to become an actor".



       i was so excited about enrolling myself in anupam khers actor prepares academy part time course which would have cost me 10k.so accordingly we saved 15k remember by doing events.but as its famously said God has His own plans we ended up buying a second hand bike worth 7k it was too good a deal to resist moreover we needed to travel to andheri for meetings and auditions so it was justified also.but then i had no knowledge of acting so it was really important for me to join some acting class so i found this theatre group acting class in the news paper ads whch was around 3k so we both enrolled ourselves.i was really excited because we got something to pass time atleast that too related to "how to become an actor".so we basically were given a script of a play by the famous premchand and i got to play the lead role in that as i was the only girl in the group apart from me there was a middle aged lady and five guys.we learned and practiced our lines everyday it was fun since it was something new and it gave me kick.okay i remember this funny incident where i fell down off the bike in the middle of the highway and that happened because my bf never rode a bike before this! so its like we were doing many things for the 1st time,no wonder why i quoted my journey as a roller coaster ride.okay so classes were going pretty well atleast it was helping me open up and gave me some idea about acting techniques and after classes we indulged ourselves in samosas n sweets caring least about putting on weight that time! off late we started realising that i need to atleast showcast whatever acting talent i had by u know going for auditions..this we googled and found out that 1st step towards "how to become an actor" is by giving auditions,for those who are unaware auditions are tests of your acting abilities where you are given a sheet of paper with few lines and u have to enact those lines according to the character brief u have been given infront of the camera..they basically test ur acting skills and also see if u fit in the character look wise..that time i had no idea about where these auditions are held and how do i reach there.so again took the help of google and after lots of surfing found out few good and genuine looking casting agencies or modelling agencies as they are called
.they asked me to register online most of them are free and some even charged a nominal amount which was fine for me atleast those paid sites gave me some confidence that they would be better than the others u know how human mind thinks that the more expensive something is the more valuable it is.they asked me to mail my pictures not normal self clicked pics..these were studio clicked pics by proffessional photographers according to your budget ofcourse which in modelling and acting field is called a portfolio.i got my portfolio shot in a basic studio at a very nominal cost of rs700! i know unbelieable right but they were ameturish,but for that time i thought it was pretty good,and not to forget i was a little plump too though i didnt realise it that time ..so i got this 1st call as expected from the paid registered agency,they asked me to go for an audition for a tv serial happeing in a renowed production house,sorry cant take names..that time my target was only to get a role as i was so innocent that i thought all continuity roles in a tv are equally important so that time i didnt have this concept of only giving audition for lead and niether did i hav any idea about makeup!!
   so in my next post i would be more than happy to share my very 1st audition experience..so wait and watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment